Wednesday, January 8, 2014
The next 7 days
The goal for the next 7 days is to think before I speak. Meaning that I will not act on emotion rather I will step back and find a approach that is supportive but firm. Yelling is out this week. Being consistent in seeing the kids fallow their routines and respect there mother. Tall order I know. For me it will be the not yelling and fallow through. That means pain or not pain I have to get up and check to see if the kids have in fact done what was asked of them. Even if it means going upstairs. For many of you who do not know I was injured 2 yrs ago at work. I take pain meds 3 times a day to be able to function. so climbing stairs is very hard and most days I hurt so much I don't want to move. Now because of all this I am a lot over weight. A area of my life I am starting to address. But I came to understand after observing my wife's own journey that I have to heal within to heal without. She is my inspiration because she is so positive and loves everyone. It has hurt her at times when betrayed by people she respected but she pushes forward. One of the best blessing of being home the last 2 yrs is watching her rise to were she is today. There is no way I would be half the man I am today if she was not with me. 20 years we have been together. and through all the sorrow and joy, pain and injuries (several in fact from work) she has never ever let me down. I spent so many years on the road working and missing so much at home that being here now is like falling in love all over and it has been a truly amazing blessing to me. It just has taken me a while to see it. But all of this is for a post for another time so you all take care and check back tomorrow for another post. Peace!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment