Thursday, January 9, 2014
Day 1
Well day one proved to be a lot harder then I had planned to be. I was able to keep it together for the most part. My resolve was running a little thin by the end of the night as our church had a youth activity and so you put so many kids in a house trying to plan a years worth of activities things can get a bit stressful. I found myself slipping by the end of the night. So i got home and just me and my kids the wife was with a sick friend at the hospital I spent some time with the kids and said its bed time. Did I mention all the stress and tension from the day what I did with it? Well I stopped at the IGA in town and got milk, cookies and wings. Wonder what I was going to do right. Yah that was dumb. So after kids are in bed time to decompress that took some time. So what I do with all that emotion and frustration? You guest it I bottled it up. Instead of getting all mad and grumpy at people I played nice and stuffed it inside until I was at a place I could just let it go. But I got junk food to help stuff it a little more, like that was going to help. So the question what to do with all of that raw emotion rather then stuff it? This is going to prove to be a real adventure. I did not however, yell or get mad at the kids. I was supportive and firm in enforcing the house rules. constructive not destructive. So that's the goal, I got a lot of work ahead of me. Now for today, can I be the same after being poked and pricked all day by a neurologist? I suppose we are going to find out. Peace!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment