Friday, January 24, 2014
No Ward!
I came to realize I never posted my goals for last week I just did them. Interesting how that worked out. My goal was to give praise and not to be over critical. Needless to say It turned out okay. I could have done better at the giving praise part. I don't know about most Dad's or guy's out there but I don't often say outwardly that I am proud of my kids or others I just am happy to see it and go away smiling. Now this has its good and bad points. Growing up I spent a lot of energy in trying to gain praise from my dad who was a quiet man. He worked harder and does to this day then most men I know. He grew up working with his father on the Arizona strip making roads for the BLM and running cattle. A hard way of life for most men. He spent many hours in the day alone while grandpa ran the grader to make roads that to this day cris cross much of the Arizona strip right up to the grand canyon. While dad stayed at base camp and would read Lueise L'Moore books. He was in charge of moving base camp and other small things to help out grandpa. A tough life in many ways. I as I said worked hard to win praise from my father. I pushed myself in everything from Scouting to sports. Yes it was a good thing and in the end as I boarded a flight to serve a Mission for the LDS church in Scotland I finally herd those words. Thus my desire last week was to FIND reasons to be proud of my wife and kids and then SHARE it with them. I was able to find things to be proud of them for but I still have work to do on the sharing thing. It is super easy to revert back to the old way of doing things. Nothing worth doing is ever easy. Change is and can be very hard. Guss that's why I am writing about this hole process, so I can share with you all of this and maybe if you choose to do the same thing I am can learn from my mistakes and do it better.Maybe even tell me about your experience and we can help each other. This coming week I am going to keep working on this goal and my temperament to see if I can get a bit better results, plus make sure I tell my wife I love her before she says it to me. I got the feeling from her the other day I was not saying it enough so I am going to work on it. Take care y'all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment